tbot.log.EventIO.ty

Harald Seiler hws at denx.de
Thu Apr 30 15:00:34 CEST 2020

Hello Simon,

On Thu, 2020-04-30 at 06:52 -0600, Simon Glass wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not sure what the 'ty' member of this class is for and cannot
> find any documentation.
>
> It seems to work the same way if I just pass [].

The EventIO class needs some rework which is why I haven't documented
it thoroughly for now ... That said:

ty is the 'event type' of the log event.  These are relevant for the
generators that later parse the log-output and need to discern what
each log-event is about.  E.g. a command event has type ["cmd",
"<machine-name>"].  For your own events, it is up to you what you want
to choose.  Here is a bit of documentation on that (although it is
missing a lot ...):

    https://tbot.tools/logging.html#log-events

--
Harald