[U-Boot-Users] How to start

Martin Winistörfer martinwinistoerfer at gmx.ch
Tue Dec 31 14:13:09 CET 2002

Hi,

I'm working on a MPC5xx microcontroller and intend to add some features for
the
MPC5xx to this project. But before I can start I have some questions about
the
project:

- Have there been any effort to implement a MPC5xx port already?

  I've seen the MPC8xx seems to be well supported. Unfortunatly I don't
  know this uC well, but it seems that both don't have a lot in common.

- I've read the recommended documentation (README, some source...) but
  what I'm missing is something which discribes the minimal interface
between
  the board and cpu specific part of the code and the actual u-boot code.
  Something like an API documentation. Is such a document available?

  The README.console file lists some interface functions. But what's
  with the other features? What function do I have to provide to get a
  running system?

  What I would like to set up is a minimal configuration like this.

       Essential parts
        -> A serial interface (for the console)
        -> r/w memory (memory functions like mm, md...)
        -> Selecting load adress and go

       Advanced features
       -> Download image
       -> Test, burn, erase flash*
       -> Test RAM

Best regards,
Martin

* Currently we have a customer board with Flash, RAM and other periphery.