[U-Boot-Users] 405Gpr timer interrup

erik.teose at exgate.tek.com erik.teose at exgate.tek.com
Wed Apr 9 18:28:06 CEST 2003

> I have a new problem that I am trying to solve - up until
> now I have not noticed that the timer interrupt has not
> been working with my 405GPr and u-boot.  I just discovered
> this problem because we recently connected a phy to the 405,
> and I am now trying to perform a "tftpboot" - I see a message
> that one ARP packet goes out, and then the board just sits there
> with no further output - I expected at least a timeout message, and
> there is indeed a timeout in the code that is supposed to occur if
> a proper response to the ARP is not recieved within some period of
> time.

We had a very similar problem with our Ebony system with a single ARP
request going out and
nothing happening after that (but we didn't concentrate on timer issues). It
turned
out our problem was with our ethernet drop from the "wiring closet". U-boot
displayed
something to the effect of "10 MBit/sec, half duplex" for the status of the
enet port.
When we change things to "100 MBit/sec, full duplex", everything worked OK.
What does your enet port status show?

Erik Teose
erik.teose at tek.com