[U-Boot-Users] Hitex Embedded Systems Bulletin
newsletter at hitex.co.uk
newsletter at hitex.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 14:32:12 CEST 2003
Welcome to the Hitex Embedded Systems Newsletter. In this
issue we are covering everything from UML on 16-bit microcontrollers
to outsmarting external buying agents!
IN THIS ISSUE:
1. THE CURSE OF VENDOR REDUCTION -
Are you forced to buy specialised tools and equipment through an
external buying agent who would not know the difference
between a microprocessor and a microwave oven?
2. SORTING OUT THE CONFUSION ABOUT GNU-C COMPILER LICENSING FOR C166 AND TRICORE
How does GNU licensing really work?
3. INTRODUCING THE PHILIPS LPC9XX LOW PIN COUNT FLASH 8051'S.
You can get hold of a LPC9xx evaluation board with the Keil uVISION2 for just £40!
4. HAVING FUN SETTING UP THE 89C51CC01'S CAN MODULE?
This example program might help!
5. PROBLEMS WITH KEIL COMPILER DONGLES ON TOSHIBA LAPTOP COMPUTERS
Urgent news for users of Toshibas...
6. DESIGNING-IN THE XC16X OCDS1 INTERFACE
Using the XC's JTAG interface.
7. SUPPORT FOR ST10F272 & ST10F280 IN 233 BGA PACKAGES
8. SOME VERY DIRTY TRICKS WITH XC16X LOCAL REGISTERBANKS
Read this and forget it.....For the brave only.
9. ARM7 IS COMING
We think that the ARM7 will become the 8051
of the 21st century and with Keil offering a suitable
uVISION2 variant, this is likely to be a popular migration path....
10. AN INTRODUCTION TO THE LPC2100 ARM7 ARCHITECTURE.
The basic things you need to know about using the ARM7 family and
the new Philips LPC2100 in particular.
11. MPC565 & MPC555 - GETTING STARTED WITH THE AXIOM CMD565 BOARD,
METROWERKS CODEWARRIOR AND THE HITEX JPROBE1000 BDM DEBUGGER.
12. The Axiom CMD565 is effectively Motorola's reference board and is
complex to say the least. To use it to best effect,
you have to have some idea how to set up the MPC5xx chip selects,
the debugger and the Metrowerks compiler...
13. PHYTEC'S NEW NEW BIGCHIP MODULE USING THE MOTOROLA MPC565.
The phycoreMPC565 is the size of a credit card but packs a big
14. A BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO LOW INTEGRITY SOFTWARE.
First published in 1993 and frighteningly still just as relevant
(and scary) today :-) Help!
15. THE IMPENDING CORPORATE MANSLAUGHTER LEGISLATION IS PROMPTING COMPANIES
TO LOOK AT THEIR EMBEDDED SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
METHODS TO MAKE SURE SENIOR PERSONNEL DO NOT GET PROSECUTED
IF THINGS GO WRONG....
16. GET MISRA C AND THE C STANDARD FROM HITEX UK FOR A SPECIAL-PRICE OF £50.00 + £5.00 SHIPPING!
17. WIRELESS CAN - SENDING CAN MESSAGES VIA UHF, BLUETOOTH, IRDA AND EVEN THE GSM CELLPHONE NETWORK.....
It is now possible to join isolated CAN networks via RF!
18. USING CAN IN LIFE-CRITICAL MEDICAL APPLICATIONS.
There is a CAN network in a heart monitor near you...
19. IN-VEHICLE CANBOX-SH4 EMBEDDED PC HAS A 250MIPS HITACHI SH4,
SVGA TFT, CE.NET AND DUAL CAN, ALL ON A 6-24V SUPPLY...
20. UML - THE NEXT GREAT ADVANCE IN MICROCONTROLLER PROGRAMMING AFTER C?
21. HANDS-ON TRAINING WORKSHOPS IN UML FOR 16-BIT IN SEPTEMBER 2003.
New Hitachi SH3 module with Windows CE.NET released by Emtrion
22. PHYTEC HAVE A MODULE FOR THE THE XSCALE/PXA250...
23. COMPILER AND DEBUGGER LATEST VERSIONS
24. IEEE1394 FIRESPY800 ANALYSER NOW SUPPORTS 800MB/S.
If you do not wish to receive further newsletters, please reply
to this email with the subject as "REMOVE".
We apologise for troubling you!
More information about the U-Boot