[U-Boot-Users] Accessing environment from linux?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Feb 12 21:49:15 CET 2003

In message <8D7C5F56B409554D9D46AC22195807F3061C8A at exchwenz01.dmcwave.co.nz> you wrote:

> A long time ago these questions were being asked about accessing the
> PPC/U-Boot environment variables from Linux I would be very interested in
> any code to do this even partly working code and I would be happy to
> complete the code / debug the code.
>
> Was this work ever completed and if so:

AFAIK the work was never completed,  i.  e.  it  supports  only  some
storage  media  (environment  in  flash  memory,  but not in NVRAM or
EEPROM on I2C or SPI bus).

> A. Where can I find it.

In the U-Boot source tree, in the "tools/env" directory.

See "tools/env/README" for details.

> B. Would some kind person mind sending me the code to finish / use

Check it out from CVS :-)

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 18-20, Hall 12.0 Booth 12-442