[U-Boot-Users] u-boot debugging using gdb and BDI2000

carolyn.j.smith at exgate.tek.com carolyn.j.smith at exgate.tek.com
Wed Jul 2 21:56:15 CEST 2003

I have recently been going through this same problem. I also have a working
U-Boot so I didn't bother with any DRAM initialization in my BDI2000 config
file but found I couldn't see my boot ROM code or get the target started
properly from the BDI2000.

The key for me ended up being the MMAP command to get access to the boot ROM
address range. For example

MMAP 0xFFF00000 0xFFF7FFFF

Once I had that I could see the U-Boot code again using 'md 0xfff00100' and
start the target running using 'go'.

Hope this helps.

Carolyn