[U-Boot-Users] Serial terminal & u-Boot

Brian S. Park brian at corelis.com
Fri Jul 18 19:11:26 CEST 2003

Hi all,
I'm using u-Boot 0.4.0 with our custom board based on IBM walnut.
I noticed that if I do not have the HyperTerminal running, the boot process
never proceeds.

If I power up the target with out HyperTerminal running, it never comes up.
As soon as start HyperTerminal, I see print out for Kernel download and the
board boots up. It looks as though it was waiting for the serial
communication before it starts downloading the kernel over the ethernet.

Is this normal behavior? Is there a way to make it boot up regardless of
whether a serial terminal is connected or not?

Thank you

Brian

Brian S. Park  brian at corelis.com  (562) 926-6727 x143
Everything we do helps our customers get to market
FASTER with HIGHER quality and LOWER cost