[U-Boot-Users] u-boot for EmbeddedPlanet EP862 board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jul 22 11:09:59 CEST 2003

In message <E19esiV-000Fro-00.xol-mail-ru at f23.mail.ru> you wrote:

> and I need to force PPC reset system think that I have
> 8Mbyte of Flash and not 16Mbyte. This will cause to
> run bootloader from 0xFF80_0000 and not 0xFF00_0000.

The PPC does not "think". It does  not  care  at  all  how  big  your
flashes  are.  The  MPC8xx just jumps to one of two fixed reset entry
points (0x100 or 0xFFF00100) - which one gets selected by the HRCW.

> The question is how to control it.

HRCW.

> I'm going to read about reset on PPC and as far as I remember
> this should be somewhere in strapping options.
> What do you think about?

I still think it would be much more  straightforward  to  use  a  BDM
debugger.  With  the time used so far you could have easily assembled
your own BDM4GDB.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Real computer scientists despise the idea of actual  hardware.  Hard-
ware has limitations, software doesn't. It's a real shame that Turing
machines are so poor at I/O.