[U-Boot-Users] RE: Nand OOB layout, u-boot and the kernel sou rces do not agree.. ??

Woodruff, Richard r-woodruff2 at ti.com
Thu Jul 24 21:22:30 CEST 2003

The u-boot from CVS 4.4 has CONFIG_MTD_NAND_ECC_JFFS commented out by
default.  This results in NAND_NOOB_ECCPOS5 being defined for ECC.  The
header file sets defines this as position 5....right below the badblock pos
is set position 5.  An ECC value will be written to the bad block spot when
calculated...turn on JFFS2 and this problem goes away...however, something
is fishy in the bad_block and position 5 resolution code for some reason.
The codes addressing doesn't look like whats in the kernel tree.

At some point I'll submit a patch, but if someone else does it first that's
just fine.

Richard W.