[U-Boot-Users] strataflash.c

Tom Guilliams tguilliams at sbs.com
Sat May 10 00:14:41 CEST 2003

Frank,

I can tell you I've had some problems with a x16 in x8 mode in
strataflash.c.  Basically, the flash_detect_cfi() routine detects my
E28F128J3A chip as portwidth 2 (x16) and chipwidth 1 (x8).  All the CFI info
is read correctly.  However, any write accesses to chip (programming or
erasing) fail upon the calculated offset (it's incorrectly doubled because
of portwidth being 2).

I had to manually force the portwidth to 1 (x8) after the flash_get_size()
routine to make everything behave for any flash operations.

I don't think the "detect" logic is correct in terms of port and chip width
for "some" devices.  However, the author - Brad Kemp - has said he's had
success on numerous other flash width devices.

Your problem sounds exactly like mine.  For a hack fix, set

info->portwidth = 1;

for the last thing flash_get_size() does before returning the size.

Tom