[U-Boot-Users] strataflash.c

Frank Smith smith at amirix.com
Mon May 12 01:50:35 CEST 2003

Hi,

The more I look into strataflash.c, the more I'm starting to think
that it doesn't support x16 devices in x8 mode.

The problem I see is that the 'portwidth' value is used to drive
two things -- offset multiplier, and side of data reads/writes
to the flash device.

On a pure x16 device, the offset multiplier is 2 and the size of the
data read/writes is 2.  So portwidth is 2.

On an x16 device in x8 mode, however, the offset multiplier is 2,
but the size of data read/writes is 1.  What should portwidth be...?

I think the offset multiplier and size of data read/writes should be
driven by *different* values.  Or am I overlooking something obvious?

Thanks,
Frank.