[U-Boot-Users] what is wrong when calloc return bogus?

Matthew S. McClintock mattsm at arlut.utexas.edu
Thu Nov 13 18:44:54 CET 2003

Ahh ok, we are using that code you mention. I thought for a second there
was another CVS branch or something for the ARM925 tree which did not
make sense but I thought I would ask. Our board is still failing at
malloc. Our board is _very_ similar to the Innovator 1510 and we are
using most of that code as a starting point. We are loading u-boot right
in the middle of our memory so it should have plenty of space above and
below the u-boot code for malloc. I don't have a JTAG debugger working
well with our board so I have tracked down the problems I have mentioned
using printf statements. The area of memory set aside for malloc is
valid unused memory space I just can not quite see why malloc is
failing. If you have any ideas, feel free to let me know otherwise I
will keep debugging it.

Thanks,
Matthew

This is our output without our printf statements, however its not very
helpful...

U-Boot 1.0.1 (Nov 11 2003 - 11:29:53)

U-Boot code: 11000000 -> 11014330  BSS: -> 11017FBC
RAM Configuration:
Bank #0: 10000000 32 MB
Flash:  0 kB
*** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment

--
Matthew S. McClintock <mattsm at arlut.utexas.edu>