[U-Boot-Users] Ethernet on PPC Ebony not working

Scott McNutt ScottM at Orbacom.com
Thu Nov 20 17:28:37 CET 2003

Srikanth,

> I got u-boot 0.4.0 up and running on the Ebony PPC440GP
> development board.
> Everything works great except for the Ethernet.  The link light
> in ON, but I can't seem to ping out (which, after searching the
> list, it seems at least one other person also couldn't ping) or
> download any code (TFTP) onto the  board through the Ethernet.
> I ran Ethereal and didn't even see any ARP packets from the board.

See doc/README.ebony for switch/jumper settings. The ebony board
supports various options for the PHY interface. The code uses
RMII mode (see cpu/ppc4xx/405gp_enet.c) -- search for
CONFIG_440.

Regards,
--Scott