[U-Boot-Users] Debugging U-Boot on 440GP

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 26 15:51:03 CET 2003

Dear Brian,

in message <AKELKEJDICNMBGAOOBLAGEPACHAA.bpadalino at perigee.com> you wrote:

> Lastly, I was thinking about this last night -- is the BDI too invasive in
> trying to figure out if U-Boot will boot properly?  It sets up the MMU and
> TLB by itself through it's init sequence, and I _think_ I am setting them up
> properly in U-Boot, but I am not sure.  From what I saw in the code in

I have often recommended to use just a MINIMAL inti  script  for  the
BDI.  Don't  touch the memory controller. Just configure the absolute
necessary minimum (things like disabling a watchdog etc.).

> I guess I am just at a loss as to what these exception vectors mean anyway.

Then you will have to dig through a few books about the PowerPC architecture.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
An optimist believes we live in the best world possible; a  pessimist
fears this is true.