[U-Boot-Users] Debugging U-Boot on 440GP

Ed Okerson eokerson at texasconnect.net
Wed Nov 26 16:45:45 CET 2003

Wolfgang,

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> I have often recommended to use just a MINIMAL inti  script  for  the
> BDI.  Don't  touch the memory controller. Just configure the absolute
> necessary minimum (things like disabling a watchdog etc.).

While this may work on many systems, I found it did not work on the
DBAu1500 board.  I spent more time than I had planned on getting a config
file for the BDI to work with this board.  I ended up with a config script
that did pretty much a complete initialization of the entire board.
Without that I couldn't even get u-boot to run from ram.

Ed Okerson