[U-Boot-Users] Debugging U-Boot on 440GP

Ed Okerson eokerson at texasconnect.net
Thu Nov 27 00:08:45 CET 2003

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> > that did pretty much a complete initialization of the entire board.
> > Without that I couldn't even get u-boot to run from ram.
>
> This just means that your port of U-Boot is still broken.

Yes, it was still broken at that point.  But having a config script that
initialized the board enabled the "not quite there" u-boot to run and
display info on the serial port, where the minimal config script didn't.
I found it very helpful to be able to see what was going on.  If there was
an already working port of u-boot for this board/processor, then I
probably wouldn't have needed so complete of a config script.  It was
painful, but a worthwhile exercise for me.  From doing it, I learned what
I needed to fix in the u-boot port.  Now if I can just figure out this
sillyness the Au1500 is doing on the Compact Flash I will be ok.  I
already fixed another issue with it's little-endian use of the ethernet
port.

Ed Okerson