[U-Boot-Users] Can ethernet be disabled?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Oct 6 10:16:58 CEST 2003

In message <200310021408.41668.dave at minervatech.net> you wrote:
> I'm porting u-boot to a custom PXA255 board.  At present there is no network
> interface so I'm only interested in loading data over a serial port.  Can I
> disable network support pre-compilation to cut down the size of u-boot?
>
> ie. Is there an equivalent of
> " #define CONFIG_LCD              0 "
> to disable network support.?

It doesn't  work  this  way.  "#define  CONFIG_LCD  0"  is  extremely
misleading.  Don't  ever  do  this.  Either #define the option (which
enables it, no matter which value the variable has, if any at all, or
do NOT #define it.

Don't  #define  network  options  (including  the   network   related
commands, and no network support will be included.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
A little suffering is good for the soul.
	-- Kirk, "The Corbomite Maneuver", stardate 1514.0