[U-Boot-Users] Ramdisk for MPC8xx

Raghu raghu_dk at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 10 14:38:10 CEST 2003

Thanks Wolfgang,

> Check CFG_BOOTMAPSZ and the "initrd_high"
> environment  variable.  You
> may even try and use "initrd_high=0xFFFFFFFF".

I have it as,

#define CFG_BOOTMAPSZ    ( 8 << 20 )    /* Initial
Memory map for Linux */

> Note that this might require cooperation by  the
> Linux  kernel  (for
> example  so  that it does not attempt to free pages
> which are in fact
> in flash memory). In our versions  of  the  Linux
> kernel  tree  this
> should be working fine.

I have linux-2.4.22 from www.ppckernel.org, is there
any kernel configuration I need to add ?

I got one prebuilt ramdisk from ftp.denx.du
"sime-ramdisk.PPCBoot" and this worked fine. But it
dosent have any utilities that I would like to use.

I am also trying to use busybox-0.60.5 but when I
build a ramdisk out of that the kernel dosent
recognise that.

Warm Regards
Raghu.