[U-Boot-Users] Conditional 'hush' script examples anyone?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Sep 12 11:06:46 CEST 2003

Dear Robin,

in message <3F612652.1060909 at tait.co.nz> you wrote:

> The only thing I find a bit odd is that on my system (0.4.0) setenv is
> set for 6 significant characters in the command table but presumably the
> example you give was with a system using only 3 characters significant
> (unless the 'set' command is not the same as the 'setenv' command).

It's the same; the whole command lookup code was completely rewritten
in U-Boot 0.4.1 - the behavious changes slightly,  and  is  now  more
consistent.

> I'll be parsing the command tables to remove all the commands that
> return "Sorry, but the xxxxx command has not been implemented" such as
> 'spiinfo' since they should either work or be conditionally compiled out
> if the user hasn't requested them. That being the case I'll send in a
> patch against 0.4.0 when I've tidied up these anomalies

Thanks in advance, but please send a patch against a  RECENT  version
of  U-Boot. 0.4.0 is very old. A patch against 0.4.0 may be difficult
to merge.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
The White Rabbit put on his spectacles. "Where shall I begin,  please
your Majesty ?" he asked.
"Begin at the beginning,", the King said, very gravely,  "and  go  on
till you come to the end: then stop."                -- Lewis Carroll