AW: [U-Boot-Users] MPC8266ADS

Georg Klug gklug at giga-stream.de
Wed Sep 17 08:16:48 CEST 2003

Hi Jeff,

> >The current configuration in U-BOOT works, and boots Linux with no problem.
> >It will, however, not work on a virgin ADS development board. You have to
> >change one jumper to get the CPU to use the Hardware Configuration word from
> >Flash, and not from BCSR... (JP3 I think).
>
> Can somebody confirm that the latest u-boot-0.4.0 with default
> settings on all
> jumpers except for JP3 works correctly.  I just downloaded the latest code
> from CVS and it is not working for me.

We also had some trouble getting this board up and running with u-boot-0.4.0.
For our
case just the PBI (Page Based Interleave) SDRAM settings were not correct, since
the u-boot was only capable of handling DIMMS with four banks.

We changed the following line in board/mpc8266ads/mpc8266ads.c to get it to
work:
	sdam = cols - 6;
	sdam = cols + banks - 8;

But unfortunately this is up to now unconfirmed.

> Incidentally, u-boot-0.3.0 works on the board with the default jumper
> settings
> (including JP3 on 2-3 BCSR) and no code changes right out of the box.

The u-boot-0.3.0 did not use PBI mode by default. That might be an explanation
for that.

Georg