[U-Boot-Users] Need help booting linux on IBM 405EP eval board

Sam Song samsongshu at yahoo.com.cn
Fri Apr 2 05:06:22 CEST 2004

Jeff wrote:

> In the older kernel, I'm using a "make pImage" and
> in the newer kernel I do "make uImage". I've also
> tried running the mkimage tool manually with
> various options to see if I could get a kernel to
> boot. iminfo says the kernel is fine and I get to
> the "Uncompressing Linux Kernel ... OK" stage
> but it stops there.

One more step to make it? OK.Pls have a  look at
ppcboot.h and YOUR_BOARD.h in LINUX kernel.The
definition of bd_info structure in them should be
compatible with include/asm-ppc/u-boot.h in u-boot.
This is a FAQ in DULG,I guess.

http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/LinuxHangsAfterUncompressingKernel

Hope this hlep.

Sam