[U-Boot-Users] Need help booting linux on IBM 405EP eval board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Apr 3 15:57:59 CEST 2004

In message <44330654.1080951760@[192.168.0.230]> you wrote:

> Thanks. I've seen the FAQ and verified that include/asm-ppc/u-boot.h in
> U-Boot defines exactly the same struct as arch/ppc/platforms/evb405ep.h in
> Linux. I've gone so far as to just copy the Linux struct definition into
> u-boot.h, replacing the struct there with all the #ifdef's, rebuilding and
> reprogramming U-Boot on my system. That didn't help.
>
> I'm really stuck. I know Wolfgang says I should just read the FAQs. I
> suspect it's something more complicated than that. If anybody here actually

Reading the FAQ's is just the first step.

If it doesn't work at first try you will need to  analyze  and  debug
the problem. A few questions to get you started:

* You don't see any output - maybe there is  no  console  configured?
  Check  the  configuration of the serial console in your kernel, and
  try passing a suitable boot argument ("console=...").

* You think the kernel is hanging. Did you check there is any  useful
  information in the log_buf area? And yes, this is another FAQ - see
  http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/LinuxPostMortemAnalysis

* If this doen't give any hints - did you attach a debuggger (BDI2000
  recommended) and check which state the kernel is in?

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.