[U-Boot-Users] Need help booting linux on IBM 405EP eval board

Jeff Tucker jeff at jltnet.com
Mon Apr 5 20:20:33 CEST 2004

--On Saturday, April 03, 2004 3:57 PM +0200 Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de>
wrote:

[snipped]

> * You think the kernel is hanging. Did you check there is any  useful
>   information in the log_buf area? And yes, this is another FAQ - see
>   http://www.denx.de/twiki/bin/view/DULG/LinuxPostMortemAnalysis

Yes, very good suggestion. I'm sorry I didn't see it in the FAQs.

In fact, there are messages there which probably point to the root cause.
I've got a lot of messages like this, I'll just type in the first couple:

ack overflow in process c0162030, r1=c0162450
<2>Kernel stack overlow in process c0162030, r1=c01622b0
<4>Data machine check in kernel mode
and lots more stuff like that but I presume the first messages are earliest
and are the root cause.