[U-Boot-Users] Uncompressing uImage: inflate() returned -3

Michael Bendzick michaelb at logicpd.com
Mon Aug 23 17:07:44 CEST 2004

Amit-

Are you making sure that you don't locate the gzipped kernel in a location
of board memory that gets overwritten as the U-Boot gunzip takes place?

For instance...

If you put the gzipped kernel at 0x10008000 and the kernel load address is
also 0x10008000, you will obliterate your gzipped data as you unzip to
0x10008000.  I have seen this produce the -3 error.  If your gzip data fits
entirely before 0x10008000, you're safe.  Also, if you calculate how big the
gunzipped data is, and put the gzipped kernel that far after 0x10008000,
you'll also be in good shape.

-Michael Bendzick