[U-Boot-Users] Re: help porting u-boot for customized ixdp425 board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Dec 3 10:46:49 CET 2004

In message <005801c4d917$5c647860$1000000a at araav> you wrote:

> > Yes.. So that U-Boot can be updated. And that  U-Boot  can  save  the
> > environment variables.
>
> I'll keep env variables in the second flash. But i forgot about the update

I wouldn't do that if I were you. Sounds like abroken design to me  -
it  will  bite  you sooner or later. If you have a separate flash for
U-Boot, then keep all U-Boot related stuff in this chip.

> issue. Are there any other reasons except the update/env?

Sure. It's part of a complete port, it's 10 minutes to one hour  work
and you will need it one day.

> > Configure it to use DoC.
> Ummm... Thanks... Any examples/howtos? :-)

How about running something like

	-> grep -l _DOC include/configs/*
	include/configs/ADNPESC1.h
	include/configs/AmigaOneG3SE.h
	include/configs/BMW.h
	include/configs/CPU86.h
	include/configs/DK1C20.h
	include/configs/DK1S10.h
	include/configs/GEN860T.h
	include/configs/LANTEC.h
	include/configs/MIP405.h
	include/configs/MPC8260ADS.h
	include/configs/MPC8266ADS.h
	include/configs/PCIPPC2.h
	include/configs/PCIPPC6.h
	include/configs/PIP405.h
	include/configs/PM520.h
	include/configs/PM826.h
	include/configs/PM828.h
	include/configs/RBC823.h
	include/configs/ep8260.h
	include/configs/hymod.h
	include/configs/svm_sc8xx.h

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Business is like a wheelbarrow. Nothing ever happens until you  start
pushing.