[U-Boot-Users] Help needed to compile u-boot-1.1.1 for 8540 with ELDK-3.1

Junita Ajith junita_ppc at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 4 02:49:03 CET 2004

Hi all,
   I've installed ELDK-3.1 and compiled my
u-boot-1.1.1 for PowerPC - 8540, setting
CROSS_COMPILE=ppc_82xx- . and compiled it for e-500.

   I didnt see the serial output until I changed the
cpu/mpc85xx/config.mk .

I added -mabi=no-spe, (as its recommened by Motorola
for 8540/8560) in PLATFORM_RELFLAGS and   -mno-string
for PLATFORM_CPPFLAGS.

  Now I could see the serial output and it hangs where
the code uses 'sprintf' .
   This happens only with ELDK-3.1 but also with a
toolchain built with gcc-3.3.2 & binutils -2.14.

  I dont think its a board problem , as I eliminated
the sprintf , the problem is solved at that point and
then it hangs at another point where  'sprintf' is
used.

I did step through BDI2000 and it crashes at that
place.

  Do I need to change the compiler flags ..or am I
going wrong somewhere.

   Any help would be appreciated as it would save a
lot of my time .

Thanks
Junita