[U-Boot-Users] u-boot for pxa255

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Dec 6 16:36:32 CET 2004

In message <eae046ff04120604512f2fc069 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Since I dont have the BDI connection interface,

Then your next step should be to get access to a BDI2000.

> I cannot debug the kernel, the board is of XSCALE arch,
> and has 32MB RAM, and i've given TEXT_BASE as 0xA07E0000,
> which is inside the 32MB, and I have put the kernel as uncompressed,
> and the XIP patch is already applied for that.(I'm using MVLinux 2.4.20)

Are you sure you really understand what you are doing? You  say  that
the  kernel is linked for a RAM address and then say that you want to
use XIP - which is a completely different thing. Why don;t you try to
get a plain kernel running first, before adding more complexity  like
XIP?

Can you please continue this discussion on  the  ARM  kernel  mailing
list? IMHO it is actually off topic here.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Either one of us, by himself, is expendable.  Both of us are not.
	-- Kirk, "The Devil in the Dark", stardate 3196.1