[U-Boot-Users] I can get u-boot working on my ixp425 board.

Bernieshu bernie.shu at smartbridges.com
Fri Feb 20 17:34:57 CET 2004

Hi, all,

I am trying to use u-boot on my ixp425 based board. But it seems not
working properly.

I got the u-boot-1.0.0. And make clean, make ixdp425_config , and make.
The 1st first time there is a "Soft FP" issue. After I changed
cpu/ixp/config.mk as following

" PLATFORM_RELFLAGS += -mhard-float   #Change -msoft-float to -mhard-float"

The compile was OK and I got u-boot.bin. But after I burn into flash, I
can see nothing from serial port.  I am sure my serial port works fine
and burn into flash correctly (because I have another pre-compiled
u-boot.bin onhand, that one can work). What could be the problem in the
configuration or something else?

Regards & Thanks