[U-Boot-Users] Production und U-boot

Robert Schwebel robert at schwebel.de
Sat Jan 31 08:25:01 CET 2004

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 12:45:17PM +0100, Matias Sundman (AL/EAB) wrote:
> Now what I am thinking of is to program U-boot to recognize a pin in
> the backplane, if the pin is set the board is in a production facility
> - BOOTP and a TFTP download of the flash image shall be done, and
> burned in flash ( by U-boot ). The pin is set by production staff.

I've done similar things with our boards, mostly by setting a
bootcmd_foobar variable in the environment (from misc_init_r()) when the
pin is set and setting bootcmd to 'run bootcmd_foobar' in that case;
this way you can test your scenario by running it manually from the
command line.

> If it is not set U-boot shall start a Image from flash ( Containing
> Linux and a Rootfile system ) since it is in a "sharp" environment.

The other thing I'm currently implementing is to setup a generic
scripting mechanism which tests and flashed boards with an "expect"
script - this works pretty well and you can also perform some test cases
with U-Boot and Linux while setting up the board, including
autogenerated test reports.

Robert
     Hornemannstraße 12,  31137 Hildesheim, Germany
    Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4