[U-Boot-Users] getting u-boot on the mv64360

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jul 6 19:29:11 CEST 2004

In message <ccebh8$j6f$1 at sea.gmane.org> you wrote:

> I have an MV64360 board (IBM dev brd), that has PIBS on it. What's the best
> way to use u-boot with it?

Erase PIBS and install U-Boot instead ;-)

> I compiled u-boot with powepc-gcc-3.3.4 (compiled via crosstool), but PIBS
> fails to load the binary (.bin). (In fact, PIBS doesn't recognize any of
> the binaries).

Then find out what PIBS expects.

> So what's the recommended way? Should I put u-boot on the flash, overwriting

Yes.

> PIBS? And since I don't have a BDI cable, how can I put u-boot on the
> board?

Get a BDI2000; the box also includes the required cable.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
They say, well, meybe it _is_ smelly, maybe it _is_ overcrowded, may-
be it _is_ a bit like Hell would be if they shut the  fires  off  and
stabled  a  herd  of  incontinent cows there for a year, but you must
admit that it is full of sheer, vibrant, dynamic _life_.
                                 - Terry Pratchett, _Moving Pictures_