[U-Boot-Users] No more omap1510inn/omap1610inn Maintainer?

'George G. Davis' gdavis at mvista.com
Sat Jul 17 02:05:08 CEST 2004

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 05:11:20PM -0500, Michael Bendzick wrote:
> George-
>
> Mostly I was interested in seeing if he would be interested in submitting a
> patch to the omap1510inn board to use the driver/cfi_flash.c driver.  I
> tested that configuration in developing my recent patch for the file, and
> found it worked quite well.  I certainly can't complain about writing to
> flash about 10x as fast as before.

Sounds agreeable. Just submit it and we can all give it a try. : )

> If Kshitij is no longer around,

I'm sure he's probably still around but probably quite busy.

> and others are interested in trying it out,

I'll give it a try.

> I can make a patch for the modifications I made to that board configuration.

Please do send a patch.

> I don't see a reason to stick with the non-central, slow flash writing code
> for omap1510inn if a better option is available.

Agreed, it sounds good to me to use the common flash driver when/where
possible.

FWIW, the OMAP1610 H2 uses Intel L18 flash parts. I'm not sure if the
common cfi_flash.c driver supports this part yet.

--
Regards,
George