[U-Boot-Users] (no subject)

chandrag at danlawinc.com chandrag at danlawinc.com
Fri Jul 30 13:52:06 CEST 2004

Hi,

For our custom board, based on AT91RM9200, we wants to use
u-boot as a Linux bootloader.  We do not want to use any
commercial software and hardware tools to program it.  We
want to put the u-boot in the serial flash, connected to
the controller on SPI.

I found a document (doc6067.pdf) from Atmel on how to load the
u-boot to serial flash.  It is a two step process, first load
an application called 'romboot.bin' then load the u-boot.  It
seems 'romboot.bin' does preliminary set up, to load the u-boot
image to serial flash.  The 'romboot.bin' image is built
for the Atmel board.

1.
Can I get the sources of this 'romboot.bin' or of similar
program, that can be built with GNU tools of ARM?

2.
A Metrowerks project of 'romboot.bin' is available, but it uses
some libraries (for example to have printf and scanf etc.) which
are not included in the project.  Is there any way I can compile
it with GNU tools to make the complete application of
'romboot.bin'?

Thanks in advance.

regards,
chandra

Information contained in this electronic mail transmission is confidential
and intended to be sent only to the stated recipient of the transmission. If
you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. You are also asked to notify us immediately and to
delete this transmission with any attachments and destroy all copies in any
form. Thankyou.