[U-Boot-Users] Re: MPPC8560ADS and U-Boot 1.1.1 problems ?

Yuli Barcohen yuli at arabellasw.com
Wed Jun 30 09:11:45 CEST 2004

    Yuli> A note about building the U-Boot. I don't what tool chain
    Yuli> you're using but if it's not Freescale-tweaked GCC 2.95 you
    Yuli> probably will have a problem because target CPU type is
    Yuli> missing from cpu/mpc85xx/config.mk. I added `-mcpu=8540
    Yuli> -mno-string' to PLATFORM_RELFLAGS.

    Jon> I have used both native and cross compilers, and versions 2.95,
    Jon> 3.2 and 3.3.  3.4 is being addressed still.

So probably your compiler was configured with different defaults. I use
3.3.2 and by default it emits string instructions which are OK for other
PPCs but not for e500. I think that specifying target CPU in the
Makefile is good idea because the compiler defaults can vary.

 Yuli Barcohen       | Phone +972-9-765-1788 |  Software Project Leader
 yuli at arabellasw.com | Fax   +972-9-765-7494 | Arabella Software, Israel