[U-Boot-Users] U-boot and Stratix development board Issue

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 25 14:33:54 CEST 2004

In message <200405251206.i4PC6bxG009356 at web184.megawebservers.com> you wrote:

> I would like to know if someone has already encountered this problem.  I
> cannot execute this command : loadb 800000 using kermit protocol in order to
> transfer a file to the RAM.  It waits during a while and after, the transfer
> is canceled.

What exactly is the error message? You write "it  waits"  -  what  is
"it"? U-Boot? or Kermit? or what?

> U-boot has been compiled for the Stratix Edition dev. board using the Nios
> processor (standard 32).
>
> I can transfer and execute u-boot.srec by using this command : nios-run -r u-
> boot.srec.
>
> After, I execute hyperterminal in order to transfer u-boot.bin and copy it to
> the FLASH.

Ummm.. when you already loaded u-boot.srec, then why do you  need  to
load  u-boot.bin?  Both  files  contain  the  same, just in different
formats.

> Unfortunately, I cannot use loadb... :-(

Please provide more information - what exactly you are  doing,  which
commands you enter, which error messages are printed, etc.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de
Nothing ever becomes real until it is experienced.       - John Keats