[U-Boot-Users] U-boot Arm kernel (2.4.19-rmk7) booting problem.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu May 27 20:12:09 CEST 2004

In message <1085666272.24187.5.camel at Gargouille.comodoindia> you wrote:

>      i m using 2.4.19-rmk7 kernel with u-boot. while power up my board i
> can able to see the following .
>
> U-Boot 1.1.1 (May 27 2004 - 12:22:57)
>
> U-Boot code: 00F80000 -> 00F91500  BSS: -> 00F92A10
> RAM Configuration:
> Bank #0: 00000000 16 MB
> Flash: 32 MB
> In:    serial
> Out:   serial
> Err:   serial
> Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
> ## Booting image at 50040000 ...
>    Image Name:   Linux Kernel Image
>    Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
>    Data Size:    707682 Bytes = 691.1 kB
>    Load Address: 00000000
>    Entry Point:  00000000
>    Verifying Checksum ... OK
>    Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK

As mentioned before in private email, these addresses are  definitely
wrong on ARM.

>          I am very newbie to ARM platform. i dont know what is Load
> Address, and Entry point, where should i find in my kernle source ?.

Search the archive. This has been discussed several times before.

> should i load ramdisk before kernel booting ?. i have set the follwoing
> Environment variables.
>
> bootargs=root=/dev/mtdblock2 rootfstype=cramfs console=ttyS0,115200

As your root device is on a MTD partition,  you  should  not  load  a
ramdisk at all.

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88  Email: wd at denx.de

"What happened to the crewman?"     "The M-5 computer  needed  a  new
power source, the crewman merely got in the way."
	-- Kirk and Dr. Richard Daystrom, "The Ultimate Computer",
	   stardate 4731.3.