[U-Boot-Users] u-boot can not boot after change flashdisk from 8M to 16M

Tyler Jia txjia at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 19 15:46:35 CET 2004

Hello,

  Because need more flash disk space, I replace
ppc405ep board flashdisk 8M (intel 28F640j3
8MByte=64Mbite= 128k x 64) to 16M flashdisk (intel
28F128j3 16Mbyte=128Mbit=128k x 128).

 I try to use the working u-boot.bin which is for 8M
flashdisk to boot the 16M flash disk, I use BDI/JTAG
to write u-boot.bin in ppc405ep 16M flash memory,
erase, write and read data workes and looks correct.

 it failed boot. when power on, nothing happened.

 where should I chnage in the u-boot source code from
8M flash memory to 16M flash memory?

before the 8M flashdisk memory is from
ff800000-ffffffff, u-boot.bin image address is from
fffe0000-ffffffff, then the new 16M flashdisk is from
ff000000-ffffffff, I still put the u-boot.bin in
fffe0000-ffffffff in 16M flash memory.

Thanks

Tyler