[U-Boot-Users] Stand alone app for changing MAC address in SMC91C111

Robin Getz rgetz at blackfin.uclinux.org
Wed Oct 13 16:59:18 CEST 2004

I have created a stand alone application to change MAC addresses in the
EEPROM attached to the SMC91C111, as well as the following commands:

  - P : Print the MAC address in the EEROM and MAC
  - D : Dump the LAN91C111 EEPROM contents
  - M : Dump the LAN91C111 MAC contents
  - C : Copies the MAC address from the EEPROM to the LAN91C111
  - W : Write a register in the EEPROM or in the MAC

It can be reviewed at our u-boot (based on 1.1.1) cvs for the Blackfin
BF533 processor  at:
[sorry for the long url, but what can you do?]
http://cvs.blackfin.uclinux.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/u-boot_1.1.1/examples/?cvsroot=uboot533

added:
    smc91111_eeprom.c
    README.smc91111_eeprom

Based on people's feedback, I will submit as a patch to this list.

One questions:
1) should READMEs for stand-alone applications stay in the examples
    dir, or go in the doc directory?

-Robin