[U-Boot-Users] Resolved -- Problems accessing flash on OMAP 1510 Innovator

Stephen Johnson steve at research.panasonic.com
Wed Oct 13 20:41:29 CEST 2004

After studying code in rrload and doing some googling, I tried an experiment
and it worked.  In the file board/omap1510inn/flash.c I changed the function
get_flash_size() so that it now contains the following code:

 /* Write auto select command: read Manufacturer ID */
 // addr[0x5555] = (FPW) 0x00AA00AA;
 // addr[0x2AAA] = (FPW) 0x00550055;
 // addr[0x5555] = (FPW) 0x00900090;

 addr[0] = (FPW) 0x00900090;

In other words I got rid of three lines of code and added my own.  I can now
access -- both read and write -- the flash.  My only concern is what have I
broken by this change!  But for now I'm happy.

Thanks for everyone's help.

                Steve