[U-Boot-Users] SDRAM Access Question

Jihua Cheng JihuaC at aaesys.com
Thu Sep 30 17:23:47 CEST 2004

Hi,

My question about SDRAM may be out of track, forgive me.

I am working on the bring-up of a customer board based on PQ2FADS. I use BDI2000. When I use "mm addr value count" cmd to write any data( such as, 0x12345678) to any address between address 0x0 to 0x7fc, then I use "md" cmd to show the contents of address 0x0 to 0x7fc, I found all the contents between 0x0 and 0x7fc (2KB range)are the same value ( 0x12345678), the contents above address 0x800 are not changed. If I write a data to any address between address 0x800 to 0xc00, the whole block from 0x800 to 0xffc (2KB range)are changed, and address 0x0 to address 0x7fc. The My BDI2000 configuration file works fine to my PQ2FADS evaluation board, and the SDRAM component and design of my customer board are copied from PQ2FADS.

I am atruggling for the problem for a quite while. I do not know what can cause the 2K range problem? Any point or clue are appreciated.

Thanks!

Jihua