[U-Boot-Users] memory sizing(440GX)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Feb 17 22:12:50 CET 2005

In message <45ABD2373C33C4459D42B40EC4F346F205E1A387 at FTWMLVEM03.e2k.ad.ge.com> you wrote:

> should this function find the correct RAM size.

Yes, that's what it does.

> I have tried this get_ram_size(0, 512MB) on a board that has 256MB and
> it does not return the proper size (256MB).

And what did it return instead?

> I guess I need to test incrementally for the memory size. Right?

No, the code already does that. You just have to make sure that  your
memory  mapping  is correct (i. e. that the area [base, base+maxsize]
is mapped correectly in your memory controller).

See us @ Embedded World, Nuremberg, Feb 22 - 24,  Hall 10.0 Booth 310
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Abstainer: A weak person who yields to the temptation of denying him-
self a pleasure. A total abstainer is one who  abstains  from  every-
thing  but  abstention, and especially from inactivity in the affairs
of others.                                           - Ambrose Bierce