[U-Boot-Users] memory sizing(440GX)

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Fri Feb 18 08:40:48 CET 2005

Hi Renaud,

On Thursday 17 February 2005 22:12, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> > I guess I need to test incrementally for the memory size. Right?
>
> No, the code already does that. You just have to make sure that  your
> memory  mapping  is correct (i. e. that the area [base, base+maxsize]
> is mapped correectly in your memory controller).

Please take a look at the file "cpu/ppc4xx/sdram.c". This will show you, how
the memory-size detection is done on the ppc405 systems (with onboard sdram)
using the "get_ram_size" function. The code has to be modified for the 440
ppc's, since they have a different SDRAM controller (DDR).

Best regards,
Stefan