[U-Boot-Users] IBM/AMCC 440EP ethernet question

Bradley Remedios bremedios at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 20:18:57 CET 2005

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 05:31:23 -0800 (GMT-08:00), Miles Gazic
<mgazic at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Do you happen to know what PHY you are using?  Our Broadcom AC101L can do
> both RMII and MII, the hardware guy thinks all he might have to do is pop in a
> 50MHz crystal instead of the 25MHz one we have now.  I think it might be worthwhile
> for me to try that, at least I'll be travelling down the road more well travelled.

We are using a Micrel KS8721B.

In terms of Ethernet I have recently broken it.  We are booting our
board from NAND.  When a Debugger loads U-Boot into SDRAM everything
works great.  When our NAND Bootloader loads U-Boot into SDRAM both
Ethernet and I2C have become broken.  (Auto-Negotiation works but
Transmit is broken, possibly Recieve Also.)
--
Bradley Remedios
bremedios at gmail.com