[U-Boot-Users] Patch: allow a fixed port for TFTP

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Jan 11 23:46:16 CET 2005

In message <41E3EBE0.3070909 at smiths-aerospace.com> you wrote:

> I kind of like tftpclientport, that is much more descriptive.  Thanks

... and a PITA to type. Please use SHORT and escriptive names.

Also keep in mind that the environment is limited in size,  and  that
long  names  just add delay when booting (especially with environment
in EEPROM).

Don't tell me I'm picking nits. I've  seen  cases  where  simply  re-
entering  the same (!) value for the "baudrate" variable added nearly
5 seconds (!!!) to the total boot time.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"It is better to have tried and failed than to have  failed  to  try,
but the result's the same."                           - Mike Dennison