[U-Boot-Users] Patch: allow a fixed port for TFTP (take 3)

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jan 12 01:10:22 CET 2005

In message <41E4657F.6010406 at orkun.us> you wrote:

> > I reject this because such a long variable name seems unacceptable to
> > me. Don't make life unnecessarily hard to your  users.  Use  a  short
> > name. How about "tftpport"?
>
> Wolfgang, "tftpport" is what he has done previously.

:-(

> I will pledge for clarity over 6 more bytes in environment which most
> boards will not define anyway. If that is not reasonable, please allow
> for "tftpsrcport" or "tftpcport".

So be it "tftpsrcport" then. Or "tftpsrcp" :-)

["tftpcport" ??? TFT-PC-Port? Or 'c' like what???]

> I actually want to provide a complimentary patch over this one to make
> the tftp server port configurable which the environment variable can be
> appropriately named as one of "tftpserverport", "tftpdestport" or

tftpdstport or tftpdstp, please.

> "tftpsport". I also want to use the same CONFIG_TFTP_PORT variable to

[Seems to be some funny kind of exercise, this: TFTP  sport.  And  is
misleading - TFTP _S_ource Port ?]

> enable both environment variables unless you object in which case naming
> the config variables as CONFIG_TFTP_CLIENT_PORT and
> CONFIG_TFTP_SERVER_PORT is probably better.

OK.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
They say, well, meybe it _is_ smelly, maybe it _is_ overcrowded, may-
be it _is_ a bit like Hell would be if they shut the  fires  off  and
stabled  a  herd  of  incontinent cows there for a year, but you must
admit that it is full of sheer, vibrant, dynamic _life_.
                                 - Terry Pratchett, _Moving Pictures_