[U-Boot-Users] Patch: allow a fixed port for TFTP (take 3)

Tolunay Orkun listmember at orkun.us
Wed Jan 12 09:09:16 CET 2005

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

>In message <41E4657F.6010406 at orkun.us> you wrote:
>

>>I will pledge for clarity over 6 more bytes in environment which most
>>boards will not define anyway. If that is not reasonable, please allow
>>for "tftpsrcport" or "tftpcport".
>>

>So be it "tftpsrcport" then. Or "tftpsrcp" :-)

I prefer "tftpsrcport". I hope Jerry will agee as well.

>["tftpcport" ??? TFT-PC-Port? Or 'c' like what???]

'c' was to stand for "client". Just like bootpc and bootps in /etc/services

>>I actually want to provide a complimentary patch over this one to make
>>the tftp server port configurable which the environment variable can be
>>appropriately named as one of "tftpserverport", "tftpdestport" or
>>

>tftpdstport or tftpdstp, please.

IMHO, "tftpdstport" is better.

>>"tftpsport". I also want to use the same CONFIG_TFTP_PORT variable to
>>

>[Seems to be some funny kind of exercise, this: TFTP  sport.  And  is
>misleading - TFTP _S_ource Port ?]

Yes, that is kind of vague. Again, I used bootpc and bootps analogy.

>>enable both environment variables unless you object in which case naming
>>the config variables as CONFIG_TFTP_CLIENT_PORT and
>>CONFIG_TFTP_SERVER_PORT is probably better.
>>

>OK.

OK for which? OK to use CONFIG_TFTP_PORT for enabling code for both
"tftpsrcport" and "tftpdstport"?

Best regards,
Tolunay