[U-Boot-Users] Patch for Cirrus Logic EDB9312

llandre r&d2 at dave-tech.it
Tue Jan 18 09:32:56 CET 2005

> > here http://www.dave-tech.it/download/misc/sw/edb93xx/u-boot-edb93xx-3 is
> > available for download a patch for Cirrus Logic EDB93xx.
> > It has been tested on EDB9312.
> > This patch is based on current CVS repository so it exploits Steven
> Scholz's
> > SoC patch. See the attachment for the CHANGELOG.
>
>Sorry, but I reject this patch. It violates too many  of  the  Coding
>Style  requirements  (C++ comments, trailing white space, no TABs for
>indentation, actually TERRIBLE indentation, etc.)
>
>Please cleanup, reformat (using indent etc.) and resubmit.

Hi Wolfgang,

to support this board I used several existing files that were
not written following U-Boot coding rules :(
Also I don't have the board anymore.
I had a look at our web site usage statistics and a lot of people downloaded
the patch I released. Anybody can help about cleaning it up?

Generally speaking about patch management, have you ever thought about
using BitKeeper to manage U-Boot repository? Thanks to your great effort and
to the U-Boot developers, its popularity is growing very fast and I think that
patch management task is become really huge. I started working with BitKeeper
because Linux 2.6 and I think it could ease this task a lot.

Best regards,

llandre

DAVE Electronics System House - R&D Department
web:   http://www.dave-tech.it
email: r&d2 at dave-tech.it