[U-Boot-Users] u-boot.lds questions

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jan 19 22:38:10 CET 2005

In message <41EE4C83.9020604 at web.de> you wrote:

> To do so I just copied some u-boot.lds from some other port.
> I know that the u-boot.lds is a linker script that instructs the linker
> to put code elements together in some specific way. At least the first
> part does so. But the lower parts of the u-boot.lds I copied seem to be
> increasingly deep magic. So... what does the u-boot.lds do exactly and

I can't put it any better: It is a linker script that  instructs  the
linker to put code elements together in some specific way.

> what happens if mine is wrong/broken? And why do I need it anyway?

Your code will not run and/or crash.

You need it to get a working image.

> Does that look reasonable/good?

This is impossible to say from this information. u-boot.map might  be
interesting to check - for you; please don't post it here, though.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Spock, did you see the looks on their faces?"
"Yes, Captain, a sort of vacant contentment."