[U-Boot-Users] (no subject)

George G. Davis gdavis at mvista.com
Mon Jan 31 23:54:12 CET 2005

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 04:03:03PM +0530, Pankaj GOYAL wrote:
> Hi,
>    I m using the u-boot for am arm-926ejs based
> architechture.In my board I only have a nand flash of 32 MB
> and my system support the automatic reading the bootloader
> to RAM from NAND and jump to that location in memeory.But it
> support only 16KB of bootloader.So I want to minimize the
> size of my bootloader to around 16Kb.I want only the support
> of Nand flash and the jffs2 file system support.I do not
> even want the consol support.Can any one please tell me how
> to reduced the size of u-boot image.

16KB is large enough to install an "Initial Program Loader" which serves
the task of loading a more feature full bootloader or the OS itself but
not much more than that. Search the U-Boot mailing archives for arguments
against reducing the size of U-Boot, it's been asked many times
before. Besides, most vedors provide NAND flash IPL source code
which does what you want already. So why bother trying to gut
U-Boot to bare essentials when your vendor probably already
supplies that code?

--
Regards,
George