[U-Boot-Users] Problem starting u-boot on Xilinx V2P

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 6 10:01:14 CEST 2005

In message <42CB7E35.8090805 at IfEN.com> you wrote:

> My board is not as different to ml300 as one may think - indeed, it uses

Even minimal diffeences can have significant effects.  Feel  free  to
ignore  my advice, but please don't complain if you run into problems
later.

> > You missed to port U-Boot to your hardware. Go back to square 0. Read
> > the README (porting guide section) and do what needs to be done.
> Well - I _did_ port it (in the sense of using the appropriate BSP) -

No, you did not. For example, you missed to adapt the SDRAM initialization.

> PowerPC code may hang immediatley _after_ "DRAM:" printout. This led me
> to the assumption, that my problem may be well known ...

It is. It is actually a FAQ.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Don't put off for tomorrow what you can  do  today,  because  if  you
enjoy it today you can do it again tomorrow.