[U-Boot-Users] [id]cache_status looks at wrong bit for MPC8560

Murray.Jensen at csiro.au Murray.Jensen at csiro.au
Fri Jul 15 17:36:00 CEST 2005

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 09:27:49 -0500, Kumar Gala writes:
>When you say they
>are looking at the wrong bit, what exactly do you mean?

This code:

	srwi    r3, r3, 31      /* >>31 => select bit 0 */

looks at the MSB of L1CSRn. It should look at the LSB.

I think the code should be something like this:

        andi.   r3,r3,1

or maybe:

	li	r4,1
	and	r3,r3,r4

if you dont want to touch CR0 (can you modify the CRs whenever you like?).

This reasoning is based on the description of the L1CSRn regs in my MPC8560
manual. I was wondering if this was correct for all MPC85xx processors, or
just the 8560 (or maybe my manual is wrong, or I haven't seen an errata).
Cheers!
								Murray...
--
Murray Jensen, CSIRO Manufacturing & Infra. Tech.      Phone: +61 3 9662 7763
Locked Bag No. 9, Preston, Vic, 3072, Australia.         Fax: +61 3 9662 7853
Internet: Murray.Jensen at csiro.au

To the extent permitted by law, CSIRO does not represent, warrant and/or
guarantee that the integrity of this communication has been maintained or
that the communication is free of errors, virus, interception or interference.

The information contained in this e-mail may be confidential or privileged.
Any unauthorised use or disclosure is prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please delete it immediately and notify Murray Jensen on
+61 3 9662 7763. Thank you.